Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Dejá vu in skies and eyes

I took my parents to the airport at o'dark thirty this morning. On my way back I kept my eye on the eastern sky, because it was promising something special. Sure enough, by the time I got to Newberg the sky exploded with sunrise fireworks:

I killed some time at the grocery store then headed to the office job early. The sun had well risen by then, but looked odd – and oddly familiar. Apparently my eyes aren't burning only from tiredness; smoke from the devastating 'Camp Fire' in northern California has shrouded us just as wildfire smoke did last summer. I took this photo in Salem this afternoon while Brian took his driving test (he aced it)
and this one from our lane when we were almost home:

We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow; maybe that will scrub it out of our atmosphere. I hope so; I don't like to work my asthmatic horse in these conditions.


The weather was spectacular while my folks were here. We had lots of pretty sunrises and sunsets (the two photos above were my birthday sunrise), plus bright sunshine to illuminate the remaining fall foliage.



We kept a fire going to keep the house nice and warm while we enjoyed visiting, eating, and playing games. Saturday night after a game of Mexican train dominoes, I asked them to pose for a photo:
Such wonderful parents!

I've kept up with the Wovember photo prompts over on Instagram (I still need to post a photo for today!); handsome Blake posed for "Local" yesterday:

Finally, a brief word from the host of The Chuckie Channel – it's Tongue-Out Tuesday!

That's all for now from . . .

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for all your comments; I read and enjoy every one even if I don't get back here often to respond!

Leigh said...

One of the things about living where we do is that the trees block a good part of the sky so we miss a full view of sunrises and sunsets. I can see it between the trees, but miss that panoramic view. You photos always such a treat! Critters too, and I'm so glad to see Chuckie is so happy. Really like the one of your folks too. They look like extremely likeable people!

Mama Pea said...

You and your beautiful mom look much alike. What lovely smiles she and her husband have.

Theresa said...

Beautiful pics as always! So glad you had a good time with your folks. The weather has been good but as I nervously eye the fires in CA I wish we could get some more rain and soon. For them and for us.

C-ingspots said...

You are looking more like your mom each day! Our weather has been just about perfection, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I too, noticed the smoke in the air and obscuring the sunset last evening. So sad about the fires in Paradise...keeping those in peril in my prayers.

Debbie said...

Wonderful photos of the sunrises and sunsets. Hopefully you don't have too much more problem with the smoke.

well done to Brian with the driving exam.

Beautiful photo of your Mom and her husband. Glad everyone had a good visit.

Oh Blake...such a photo...I've started spinning some of his roving. Heavenly both the spinning and looking at his photo.

And not to forget Chuckie, he's a keeper.

wyomingheart said...

How beautiful!!! Did you notice that the first picture you posted had a horseshoe in the cloud?... That is simply a stunning photo! I love the Chuckie Channel!!! Did he entertain your folks?

Susan said...

I agree with Mama Pea, you and your mom share beauty. These fires are so devastating and worrisome. I hope they are soon under control and over for the year. I would very gladly give them our weather - rain, snow, rain, sleet, rain. I'm glad that your birthday mornings were celebrated on a celestial level! And I'm glad you got to spend a good amount of quality time with your parents. xo