Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fungus amungus

The 'shrooms are living and dying in our arena, unmolested by heavy hooves while Lance is recovering from his ligament strain. In the top photo, a fresh fungus springs from the sand; in the second photo, behind the aging caps, you can see a cluster of bowed and blackened stems. When they do that, I always think of the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz – "I'm melting! I'm melting!"

I've been having computer problems; sounds like it could be my graphics processor. The good news is that there is a known problem with that part in my laptop's generation, so the considerable cost to replace a faulty one is fully funded by Apple. The bad news is that I have to take my laptop to the Apple Store Thursday night, and won't get it back until sometime next week. I'm hoping it cooperates until Thursday night so I can knock out three newsletters before it goes into the shop. Bye-bye blogging (for now); catch me on Instagram!

P.S. Has anyone else had trouble with Blogger lately? When I try to leave a comment on others' blogs, there is no box to check that I want to receive follow-up comments via email, and once I hit "publish," the progress window of my browser goes all spastic for awhile, then gives me a "Whoops!" error message. I don't know if my comments are getting published or not. Strange.

That's it for now from . . .

No comments: