Thursday, August 13, 2015

Spinning

That would apply to my spindle and my thoughts. I feel this decision about Brian's schooling is our biggest (as in having the most impact on this life and the life to come) since marriage, and we just don't know what to do. To some it would be a no-brainer: just send your kid to the local public school! Well, it's not a no-brainer for us, hence my spinning thoughts.


But since I promised you "more to come" yesterday, above are photos of my filling, then nearly full spindle. I'm trying, probably foolishly, to get half of my six ounces of fiber on this little Jenkins Aegean spindle; I've spun roughly three-fourths of it so far. When it comes time to ply, I'm afraid that "halo" (all those long, sticky-up fibers) is going to cause a nightmare of tangles . . . again, like my thoughts.

The physical atmosphere isn't helping my mental atmosphere. Daytime and nighttime temperatures are all wrong for here, and the dryness sucks the moisture right out of you. The landscape near and far looks foreign, altered as it is by drought and the smoke from distant wildfires.  I told Rick last night that I want to move; this doesn't feel like the place we've called home for nearly 26 years.

Then again, maybe I just need more chocolate; ha!

That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

It will be fine - both the schooling and spinning. You can always regroup. I too would be fuzzy headed facing all that unusual dry landscape.

Debbie said...

Too many thoughts.....things will be fine. As far as schooling, weigh the options, have family discussions and see what happens.
As for the dry landscape, it's a concern here as well. Living on the west coast I'd never imagined a time when we'd face shortage of water. We're considering rain barrels for recycled/rain water
Your spinning looks great.
And yes, pass the chocolate please...

A :-) said...

El Nino appears to be coming, so hold on - it will be wet and green there soon, I'm sure. They are even talking about a mild winter here . . . that would be brilliant after the last two we've had. Hang in - you can do this.

A :-) said...

El Nino appears to be coming, so hold on - it will be wet and green there soon, I'm sure. They are even talking about a mild winter here . . . that would be brilliant after the last two we've had. Hang in - you can do this.

Susan said...

That IS a major decision - homeschooling is so different than public school. I know that you all will make the best decision, whatever it is. Hope you get the fall and winter rains they are predicting. This has been a very dry year.

sewbeezy said...

The spinning is beautiful. Relax. The right decision regarding school will come.

Michelle said...

Still spinning; still working on a school decision. Wishing I could relax, but it's not possible at the moment....