Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Gearing up for Fair

Last night I took Brian out to One Mile Shires to get acquainted with the team he'll be driving at the State Fair next week.
I took these with my phone and posted them to Instagram and Facebook; then had to swipe my own photos off FB to share them here!

As you can see, it was a beautiful evening. No photos to prove it, but I "got behind the wheel" of another horse being readied for Fair; it's been a few years since I've driven a horse!

Rick took Brian out again tonight to practice with team and cart. That will probably do it for his preparation. I still need to do some Fair preparation of my own. I'll be demonstrating spinning on Sunday, and plan to take my spindle and miniSpinner (note to self: take extension cord!). The latter is naked, though, so I need to get Blaise's fleece started before I go. Then on Wednesday I'm showing Lance in the Mustang Show at the Fair. Not a whole lot of advance prep possible for that, given my lack of time and riding locations, but I do need to keep Lance legged up and listening to me. Of course, he'll get spiffed up the day before, along with my tack, but I'll worry about that next week.

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Good luck to Brian!

Enjoy hosting the spinning demo.

Lance will be ready, have fun.

Unknown said...

Beautiful team of horses! But look at that CART!!! LOL. Looks like a lot of fun.