Thursday, April 03, 2014

My mood is slipping a bit

It is raining outside and cold inside (all photos in this post taken yesterday). My right knee is getting uncomfortable again. Jackson doesn't feel well. Sarai hasn't lambed yet but is looking more and more likely to – and I leave tomorrow afternoon for a women's retreat on the coast. And the construction going on two lots down?
Not just a tasting room, but the whole bloomin' winery…on a one-lane gravel road with no plans to widen or improve it. Apparently their location up the hill is leased, and the lease is up. I wonder if it will still be safe to ride my horse down the lane to get the mail?

I'm trying to focus on cheery things, and praying that Sarai lambs tonight so I can be sure everything is okay before I leave.

That's it for now from . . .

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Good Heavens your not having a good go! My prayers go out to you that things will go well! Be safe and take care!

Endah Murniyati said...

Beautiful dandelion!

Theresa said...

Don't they have to send out county notices when a building like this goes up to surrounding neighbors?
If it helps any at all, we know a few wineries and they are pretty good neighbors. Hope it all works out and Sarai lambs for you. Have a great retreat and take care of that knee!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Argh.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Boutique wineries don't generate a lot of traffic, my neighbor's open from 1 to 5 daily and does not get much traffic on weekdays. Weekends cars are spread out so it's not noticeable increase anymore than visitors to any other neighbors. Only time I notice heavy traffic is when they have had a wedding or fund raising event. Which has not been often. Hope Sarai lambs before you leave.

Sandy Livesay said...

Michelle,

Everything always happens at once doesn't it?

I hope you start feeling better with your knee, and your son starts feeling well too.

Pretty picture of the countryside where you live, the normal every day traffic I wouldn't worry about. It's when the vineyard holds weddings and large parties where I would worry. Especially when riding a horse close by.

Laura said...

I'm surprised the county/city didn't require them to pave it at least as far as their building. You might lodge a protest, as I'm pretty sure you didn't hear about this. Normally, when something like this is planned for a property, all of the neighboring property owners are notified. I can't imagine large trucks getting in and out of there...

Unknown said...

I hope everything works out in the most timely way. What a nice picture of your lane; it's beautiful country!

LannieK said...

Hope you have new lambies tonight Safe travels to the coast - everything will work out.
Post pictures, lots! :-)

Mary Ann said...

I hope Sarai lambed last night, and I hope you find peace in the weekend.