Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lorikeet love (a long leap from lambs!)

Memorial Day weekend Sunday was our family "play day." I scored Groupon tickets for four to the Portland Aquarium, remembering how much Brian, his friend and I had enjoyed it in January. This time, I made sure I had plenty of camera battery reserves for the lorikeet exhibit!



At first, the lorikeets were not very active except for one friendly but nippy fellow named Chris (bottom photo). But the longer we stayed (Brian and I would have been happy to hang out there all day), the more playful some of them got – every bit as much as puppies and kittens are! I took some videos of their antics; I hope you find them as much fun as I do!









If you'd like to see them, I have a few fish and amphibian photos from the aquarium as well.

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

Nadine said...

They are such lovely birds...... I would love to see the other photos!

Claire MW said...

Wow, they're wonderfully entertaining! What a neat place to visit!