Thursday, May 30, 2013

Age of Aquarium

At the beginning of this week I was feeling completely overwhelmed. But now I'm feeling like the Little Engine That Could, straining up the grade with a full load but making progress and getting closer to the crest of the hill. SO glad I have photos from last weekend's activities to share with you until I can get my head above water, though!

These Portland Aquarium residents prefer to say UNDERwater:

These tiny jewels like it wet:




This little fellow took up less space than the palm of my hand. Shooting without my glasses, I didn't realize how beautifully complex his colors were until the photo was on my computer screen. Definitely click to biggify (if snakes don't totally freak you out)!

The last – but not least – creature we were blessed to see, just as we were exiting through the gift shop. Watson the Scarlet Macaw lives behind the scenes and is taken out periodically by his [excellent] handler.
Such intelligent eyes! Large hookbills are truly amazing creatures. To read about one woman's "heart bird," click here. (Have tissues on hand.)

That's it for now from . . .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love love the snake picture! I can totally imagine a sweater (or something) with similar colors and patterning!

Nadine said...

Great pics! I love the coloring of the fish. The last frog had some great coloring.

Leigh said...

I have to say those frogs are absolutely amazing. Who but our God could create such a rainbow of a world!

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

All are stunning. The little frog is just too cute. The snake is The Best!

Susan said...

Now I cannot get that song out of my head...
Beautiful pics, Michelle! Nature is so stunning. And I just love that scarlet macaw. And old boyfriend had one. Well, he wasn't old then, but he is now! LOL! Hope your little engine gets you up and over the hill and you enjoy your weekend with a little less stress.

Anonymous said...

those frogs are so neat! and the macaw is just gorgeous. thanks for the pictures-