Monday, November 19, 2012

Stormy Monday

Too wet to ride, that's for sure!


It's wild outside – not cold, but very windy and wet, and has been since yesterday afternoon. Lots of fir branches littered the ground this morning, all of which will need to be picked up and thrown on the burn pile. Not today, though; we'll just busy ourselves indoors, thankyouverymuch! Well, except for taking Brian to his violin lesson . . . and grocery shopping afterwards . . . .   :-/

I did crack the patio door enough to capture a couple short videos of our environs. The first one is of the younger trees bordering our north property line; the second is of the tall trees along our south property line. It's gotten worse since I took these. Brian says this kind of weather scares him a bit; he can imagine monsters trying to break into the house. Oh dear!



I still have some beautiful apples in a box on my front porch (which Rick did an amazing job of decluttering and cleaning up yesterday in response to my plea for help in preparing to host a big Christmas party here). Last night I processed another batch of applesauce (with a hint of cinnamon); today I'm sorely tempted to make this recipe. Well, I'm thinking about making HALF that recipe, so I won't be tempted to eat one pan by myself! I'll let you know how they turn out if I get around to making them. The electricity has flickered a few times, so that may be a deciding factor.

That's it from blustery . . .

11 comments:

Susan said...

I was thinking about you when I saw the forecast - I hope you make it through the storm unscathed and with power on! Be sure to let us know you're okay - you know how we worry.... ;)

Tombstone Livestock said...

Sounds like a good day to hunker down with some wool and a project.

Michelle said...

All safe with full power here, but getting to the coast tomorrow for the vet check on my new horse is looking iffy. Will find out in the morning if the barn there has power and the roads are cleared of down trees.

Michelle said...

I got to do a little knitting during Brian's violin lesson; which I had more time for wool right now!

Anonymous said...

Each video blacks out with this note, "This video is private." Very wet and blustery here. Safe trip to the coast, if you go!

Michelle said...

Thanks for letting me know, Wanda; I've changed them from "private" to "unlisted" so hopefully they'll work now. I didn't know, because they worked for me.

A :-) said...

Been hoping you are OK - the info I'm seeing on the news about your weather looks pretty extreme. Hope all continues to be well :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Saw the news this a.m. and wondered if that was near you. I always sort of liked the power of storms...but also have never had a really bad experience ;-).

Michelle said...

Adrienne and Sara, this was a typical November storm for us, by no means "extreme." The coast got hit with higher winds and more rain, which is also typical; any "disaster" photos probably came from there. Lance's barn has no power (but no damage), so we weren't able to go over and do the vet check this morning (no power = no ultrasound).

farmlady said...

We saw that big storm moving in over you on the news. I love the short videos. Love the wind and thunder.
Is this not the weather for apple dumplings? Oh my, those are good looking dumplings in that post you did with Georgia. Her recipe looked like my mother's old recipes.
I can smell that fresh nutmeg from here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

farmlady said...

Oh... and a happy belated birthday to you. May they all be wonderful years filled with strength and joy.