Monday, November 12, 2012

A gift only I can give me

Inspired by blogpal Sabrina, who is newly committed to exercising, I decided that on this birthday, I would (re)make that commitment to myself. It's a feel-good gift that I want, no, I need – and best of all, it's free! I'm not going to start another blog like Sabrina did, but I am adding another 'gadget' to my sidebar to add accountability.

I also stopped by my local LYS to take advantage of my birthday discount and spend the money my MIL sent for the occasion. Long on choices and short on time and patience after a wearing day, my mind and will froze up; this is not an uncommon reaction of mine to shopping. Anyway, I ended up with a package of locking stitch markers (to use as stitch holders) and one skein of yarn – but a delicious skein it is:
Madelinetosh Light in "Tart" – mmmm!
Perhaps my selection was influenced by a choice photo I captured at Brian's violin lesson this afternoon:
I'm rather proud of this one; That's Myrtle and Gertrude, the teacher's cats.

That's it for today from . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday!!! Blessing on the year ahead. May it be filled with love, laughter, contentment and success.

Love both the cat behind the red lamp photo and the skein of Madelintosh yarn.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Love the cats photo and that Madelinetosh is heavenly stuff, certainly birthday worthy.

Sharrie said...

Happy Birthday. Glad we share the month and nearly the day. Mine was Saturday. Hope some of your talent comes to me late in my time.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I like that picture, very much! You have reason to be proud, those special shots don't come round too often! And Happy Birthday!

A :-) said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday!! :-( I hope it was happy :-)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!

Potosi Sheep Farm said...

You motivate me! Happy belated birthday!