Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More stash enhancement?!?


Well, there was that six ounces of dyed BFL/silk gorgeousness I bought from Laura; the colorway is "Water Lilies," after all, and the Impressionists were my special interest in college. (She also gave me her mom's McMorran Yarn Balance, bless her heart, since she already had one.)

Then yesterday I won a new book, Teach Yourself Visually Circular Knitting, along with two skeins of Buffalo Gold Moon in the author's blog contest. It's not here yet, but both the book and the yarns look wonderful!

I only recently learned of Jamieson & Smith blog and started following. Today they announced that they are offering free worldwide shipping for online orders of up to two kilos till noon on 5/31/11! The opportunity to try combed top from Shetland sheep raised on the Shetland Isles, the grading of which is overseen by Oliver Henry himself, was irresistible, but I only ordered the small sample packs of both the natural-colored and dyed tops.

I'll leave the dyeing for professionals like Laura and J&S (I'll stick to occasional forays into Kool-Aid), but here's some dye-day inspiration from around Boulderneigh:

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I am also enjoying some of the things from Laura's mother. I wanted her Mary Black and boat shuttles, but the box had more than I can use, so I've told Laura that I passed on some of her mother's things to another weaver.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Ever stash is in need of enhancement, silly ;-)
Laura does such wonderful work, she has a good eye for colors.

Kelly said...

I love that phrase "stash enhancement".....I will be using it when my fiber purchases are raising eyebrows.
I simply love the colors of that roving, can't wait to see how it spins up, so keep me posted.

Laura said...

Thanks all! I've been impressed with the yarns that I've spun from the BFL/tussah and the MBT (Merino/Tussah/bamboo). The characteristics are very different, but they're both shiny! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!