Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All about Bart

Well, almost.

This morning I set out to take head shots of the lambs in their new "jewelry." I hate having to put tags in their ears; not only does it hurt (temporarily), but I think they look so much better (just like people!) unadorned. Alas, it is required if they are going to ever leave Boulderneigh for any reason, so we do it. ANYway, I wasn't having much success except for this one nice shot of Barrister:

As I was waving my hand around to get lambies to look one way or another, I touched Bart under the chin and he froze, hoping for some of that feel-good scratching he's experienced a few times:

So I decided to focus on Bart, who is still intact and available as a future flock sire because of his many nice qualities. At nine weeks he has small, loose scurs (one must have broken off early):

Nice, square conformation and soft, crimpy, consistent fleece in a grey bersugget package:


And a perfectly fluke-shaped tail:
If he doesn't sell as a potential flock sire, we will wether him and try to find a fiber pet for him. Except for the uncomfortable procedure, he would probably vote for the latter, if it meant he could get a lot more of that feel-good lovin'!

That's it for today from . . .

3 comments:

Tina T-P said...

I love your little shawl - how pretty!

Bart truly is a handsome guy - good luck finding him a new home. T.

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Wow, it's 4am here and I am able to download your comments page for the first time in months. Yippppeeeeee! I so enjoy reading your blog. I'm especially envious of how prolific you are with knitting!

Hope you can place your little Bart. He's a handsome fellow. :)

A :-) said...

He is a very handsome boy!