Monday, February 23, 2009

Play, a universal "language"

Sabbath afternoon after church and potluck, Brian and I went outside to enjoy the beautiful day. While Brian was off slaying dragons, I picked some grass for the chickens, schmoozed with my horse a bit, then sat and watched my sheep graze. Jackson was feeling left out on the other side of the fence, so I opened the gate so he could join us. Turned out he didn't want our "company," he just wanted to "graze," too - on sheep poo! Browning, being the bold and curious fellow he is, had to go investigate.
"What is this?"
"Doesn't smell like a sheep."
"What's so interesting down here?"
"Come on, let's PLAY!"

From then on, it was "game on." Brian and I laughed and laughed at the two youngsters' exuberance and obvious delight; don't you just love how play crosses all boundaries of language and even species?

That was our weekend, part one, at . . .

10 comments:

MiniKat said...

So cute! I hope they stay friends and play more another day. :-)

Crosswinds Farm said...

Cute photos! I can't believe that you have grass growing already!

Franna said...

HOW FUNNY!!! Predator and prey, playing. That is very special.
Franna

Dori Ann said...

That's great! So nice they could have some fun:) Very very cute!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your photos, especially the action shot. I was grinning HUGE! Your sheep, chicken and pup are all so lovely, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've seen you around, too, but am cautious about visiting new blogs...afraid I might fall in love.

And yet again, it appears that I have here, too. I will be back for sure.
I've also added you to my followers list, as well.

I am tickled by the name of our farm and how it came to be. So clever and original! :)

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Too stinkin cute!

So you're Adventist eh? I was born and raised... Then turned to a Calvary Chapel worshiper (Hubby converted me). ;) My parents don't mind though, especially since the most important part is loving the Lord. :D

thecrazysheeplady said...

Those pictures are PRICELESS!!!

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

i absolutely love the sheep/dog photos playing! My dogs love to lick the noses on the cattle and then the cattle shake their head and come back for more, then the dog runs on one side of the fence and the cows on the other with their tails up in the air! I love those photos! YOu need to do a 'sequence' collage of them!

Heather said...

How funny!!! I'm glad you had your camera. Great sheep dog you've got there, lol!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and I am glad you had your camera with you :)