Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FO, FS, and SF

FO (finished object): Last night I finished this "one skein household item" for the Traditional Knitting gift exchange. It's made from discontinued Lion Brand Chunky Cotton (not the easiest yarn to knit with) and I had just enough - whew! I'll get it in the mail today, so the recipient may even get her Interlocking Hearts dishcloth by Valentine's Day. (My very first "dishcloth" turned ended up a hefty 14"x11", so I don't know what she'll use it for, exactly, but it was fun and I can see more dishclothes in my future.)

FS (fun surprise): Yesterday I got this in the mail from Miss Peach's mommy Karla. The Valentine and its envelope are beautifully handmade, and the book is chock full of mouth-watering bread recipes from around the world; I think I've gained another five pounds just looking through it. I do love to bake, and we all like good bread here, so Karla chose my gift during her visit to Waldport very wisely.

SF (snow fall!): Yes, winter has returned to the Pacific Northwest. Last night we went to sleep with a full moon shining down on green - albeit, frosty - grass; this morning it is white. The mountains needed more snow; Brian is hoping for enough here to practice on his snowboard. Could happen!

That's it for now from . . .

9 comments:

Nancy K. said...

That dishcloth is VERY pretty!
That would be a nice 'knit during the slow times at work' project....


;-)

Sharrie said...

All I care is that you keep the snow out by you. We have had some thawing, and it is wonderful in some ways. Like your project.

Deb said...

Love the hearts dishcloth -
let us know which bread recipes you try :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Outstanding bird feeder picture!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

We had snow all day yesterday! It was coming down ...well it was blowing... it was everywhere. The wind was blowing pretty good so it was snowing every-which-way but down lol

white_lilly said...

Love the dishcloth, very pretty.
If you find a really good bread recipe you will have to share it with us.
I always love your snow photos it is refreshing when you are sweltering on a hot and sticky day :)

MiniKat said...

Love the dishcloth! It's so festive.

Sharon said...

Australia is on fire, Europe has ice storms and you've got more snow. It's science fiction - has to be.

Anonymous said...

Ach, we've also had snow all day today, hopefully it will close the airport and I will get an extra day to myself with my partner trapped in the South West of England...