Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A cloudburst, really

-- of blessings, that is! After getting back from our trip and before shopping for replacement yarn of some sort, I posted a message on the Spinning list to see if anyone had some comparable, affordable homespun they would be willing to destash for my friend's gift. Among the responses I got was an off-list email from Tammy Ward, a fellow Shetland shepherd and Spinning list member. She had some lovely mill-dyed blue Shetland roving, and she offered to spin double the amount of yarn needed AND send me some roving to spin when I have time, if I would knit her mother-in-law a shawl as well! How does one respond to an offer so generous? Well, I said yes, of course, and I will be thanking her forEVER! She sent me the following photo of the first batch of yarn she finished; it looks remarkably like the yarn I left on the plane. Once the yarn arrives, I will be knitting every spare minute, doing my best to finish two gifts by Christmas. It will be a welcome task. I haven't managed to start a project since the trip, but I do believe I feel my knitting mojo revving back up.
In fact, my latest yarn is washed and dried, so I plan to cast on a small project today sometime. I'm calling this colorway "Rich Woodgrain." (Oooh, I feel like a REAL fiber artist, using the word "colorway" and naming my homespun and everything! hee!)
Pictured below is another special token of love and understanding given to me by a friend after Rosie's death. On the card is a photo that friend took of Rosie and Brian a few years ago; such a photogenic pair....
On the subject of dogs, the ice dam of Rick's resistance has dislodged, and we are going to start looking on Friday. My heart is suddenly lighter; my mood has magically lifted from grey to pastels of hope and anticipation. Brace yourselves to be inundated with photos and news of our next furry family member!

Happy Thanksgiving, from . . .

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the results of your new happiness. I am experiencing adolescent-hood with my collie. What a joy! Glad he will have a friend over for Thanksgiving. Have a good one!

Sharrie said...

I am anonymous.

Sharrie

shepherdchik said...

I love your 'woodgrain' yarn, what a neat color (and your use of the term colorway is very cool! I can't wait to see the new furry family member. What fun to have a puppy during the holidays! Hope it doesn't take too long to find one.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Oh Yay! Can hardly wait :) Like we are all getting a new puppy!
You know, reading your's and 'In Stiches' blogs all the time, I take entirely too few pictures!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Thank you all for sharing my excitement. It makes it so much more fun having other people "living" it with me! :-)

Nancy K. said...

I am SO happy for you Michelle! Be ready to totally lose your heart...again! ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina T-P said...

Like Sittin-n-spinnin said, it will be like we're all getting a new puppy (only you get to clean up the messes ha, ha) Hope you find the perfect one!

Happy Thanksgiving (and yes, those pumpkin bars are very yummy! I put some nuts in mine as well - and it is hard to keep from eating a big spoonful of that frosting - it's one of my favorites) T.

Sharon said...

Looking forward to baby pictures~

Jamie said...

So happy to hear about the new puppy! I can't wait to see the pictures!

The blue yarn is beautiful! What a deal and a great trade.

I loved your woodgrain homespun too. Very nice colorway.