Friday, August 31, 2018

Sometimes you just need to snuggle sheep

State Fair on top of our other commitments (Rick is the veterinarian for the whole shebang but still has to cover his own practice; Brian was the youth driver for one of Rick's draft horse clients and also started school Tuesday) has me burning the candle on both ends without accomplishing much at home. I've managed to make a batch of applesauce here,
and run a couple loads of prunes through the dehydrator there,

and really should have hustled to get the house cleaned before picking up Brian up at noon today. But I was so tired during chores this morning that I just wanted to lay down and take a nap. Then, somehow, I ended up in the Sheep Sheraton. Sometimes you just have to stop and snuggle sheep.









It was loverly.

The house did get vacuumed and dusted, and a zucchini casserole and a chocolate orange zucchini cake were made for potluck.

Now it's time for Sabbath rest at . . .

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Tag, you're it!

Retired Knitter said...

Snuggle sheep! Thank God you have a selection to pick from!! :-)

Mama Pea said...

Yep, being in nature or with animals sometimes does so much more than a nap could do.

Personally, I think you need a clone to pitch in to help with all you do!

Jeanne said...

Whew!! Talk about being busy!! You accomplished a lot! Good job!!

I hope your Sabbath is going well.

Susan said...

I'd snuggle your sheep any day, they are so lovely. When there's lots to do and you're dealing with heat, it's difficult to focus enough to get one thing done! Your lovely, lovely prunes. I do think they are the best I've ever tasted.