Sunday, January 10, 2016

A seven-peak day!

What a glorious day – and on a Sunday, when I could enjoy it! After a leisurely start to the day, I took Lance out for a ride through the woods. We couldn't go as far as we did New Year's Day because of slick mud, but we had a nice mosey.

When I got back my guys were gone, so I decided to tackle the flowering prune tree in the island bed. It grows vigorous, vertical water sprouts which are best eliminated, but I'm saving the long, straight branches for a decorating idea.

When my arms got tired of wielding the pruning saw, I went inside and fixed myself a perfect lunch:
an 'everything' bagel, homemade sauerkraut, and a bit of Tillamook garlic white cheddar on the side – so good! While I was eating my neighbor called to see if I wanted to go for a walk, so after I finished we did just that. From her house at the end of our lane, we had a great view of the "big five" peaks (from north to south): Mt. Rainier (just the tip-top), Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood,
and Mt. Jefferson.

Then, thanks to my neighbor's experience and binoculars, we also saw the tips of a couple other peaks I haven't seen from our hill before, which we think were the North Sister and the Middle Sister. Cool!

We also met some of the local residents, both two-legged (including artists Steve and Toni Tyree) and four-legged.

We walked at least four miles, so my FitBit was well-fed today. I hope that translates to a good night's sleep!

Signing off from . . .

11 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh Michelle
what a perfect day you had - I'm sure you went to bed very happy after all that activity!
Love seeing the animals - such beautiful highland cattle and I'm a lover of donkeys too!
Shane x

thecrazysheeplady said...

Holy Cow!!! What a nice day :-D.

Mama Pea said...

Sounds as though you were given a wonderful day! Hope you did sleep well.

Susan said...

Ooooh! Sunshine! Sounds like you had a perfect day. What a beautiful view!

A :-) said...

Highland cattle! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Beautiful day. Beautiful views!!

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like a perfect day!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Beautiful weather, and beautiful views.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Hi Michelle! It's been a long time since I last visited, but I was thinking of you, just out of the blue, and decided I'd better come see how Boulderneigh was faring! I am so glad to see you still posting to your blog! Love the pics, as ever! I keep telling my husband I want to raise Highland cattle, but he thinks it would be too hot here for them. He's probably right.
Sorry to read of your friend, I feel for her family.
Take care, I'll try to visit again soon!
~~Becky

Michelle said...

It was a lovely day, Shane, made lovelier by your visit from the Southern Hemisphere!

It was a jewel, Sara.

No such luck on the sleep front, Mama Pea. I despair of ever enjoying a sound night's sleep again....

Glad I got a good dose of vitamin D yesterday, Susan, because today was grey and rain, then foggy!

I know, Adrienne! I didn't know we had any nearby – and the black cow's calf was only hours old, if that.

Yours aren't too shabby, either, Nancy Kay. ;-)

It WAS a lovely one, Mary Ann and Leigh.

Becky! Long time no hear from!!! Yeah, I think I'll be a blogger for as long as I live; I'm much more comfortable with this forum than with Facebook.

Cynthia said...

The cute little burro with the heart on his forehead stole my heart!