Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday whiskers and wrinkles


I've got a little alliteration thing going on on Instagram this work week. It started when I decided to share the neck shot of Lance (from my last blog post) on Monday with the caption "Mustang Monday." That inspired me to take a photo of Chuckie and share it on "Tuxedo Tuesday." I was going to feature Dozer's features for "Wednesday Wrinkles" but before I could post a photo, my BFF (best furry friend) managed to make it onto my lap with the recliner's leg rest at an angle and groaned as I stroked him. Oh, my beloved dog....

This winter Jackson went from being forever young to showing signs of age. The other day, slayed by a head cold, I lay down on our bed for a bit. Jackson was in the bedroom so I patted the covers beside me, an invitation he can't resist – but he couldn't make the jump. My heart broke for both of us (I laid down on the floor with him for awhile then), so of course this morning I let him monopolize me for as long as he wanted. I tried to take both a selfie of us and a full-body shot of him, but my arm isn't long enough to fit a 60# 'lapdog' in the frame. Instead, I snapped a close-up, and decided it was "Whisker Wednesday."

But since you follow my blog, you get both photos! 😉 (Not all my Instagram photos are shared here, but you can click on that little blue button on the right to see them.)

The weather was wild today, which would also have worked for a Wednesday theme. Some mixed snow and rain fell this morning, then the sun came out for several hours. It showered off and on as I drove down to pick up Brian, and then started sleeting as we drove home. On the way I had to stop and take this photo;

by the time we were driving UP that hill, the sleet was starting to turn the ground white:

Then the sun came out again, so I exercised Lance and was treated to this view from the arena:

No ideas (yet) for a Thursday theme for Instagram; hopefully something inspires me!

That's it for now from . . .


10 comments:

Leigh said...

Ah, Jackson! Gosh, wasn't it just yesterday when he was a spry young dog? It's always a heart break to see them grow old.

Mama Pea said...

People and animals keep growing older. Wish it weren't so.

Theresa said...

It's the pits when it hits they are getting old. Jack no longer bounds over the dutch doors and some days I see him stumble up the stairs. Even Stella is beginning to grey. ,Sigh... hope the cold is better. We have tons of snow BTW. How about Thoughtful Thursday...

Florida Farm Girl said...

Bummer. But he's still Jackson and loving you all for sure. What about Thursday Thoughts? That could encompass anything. Your weather is as volatile as ours. AT least it's not so cold for now. Starting a few days ago with sleet for a while and then rain on and off and thunderstorms most of last night. Think I need webbed feet.

Amanda said...

I adore Chuckie. He looks so much like my beloved tuxedo cat did years ago - who is now an aged cat who has to be lifted onto the bed.

Susan said...

Your 'boys' are all so beautiful, no matter what their ages. That photograph of your wild weather is so haunting.

Retired Knitter said...

It is as I have said many times, our furry family members are just heartbreak waiting in the wings. With every new addition - I always say directly to their cute little upturned face - you are going to break my heart someday!!

Love them bunches now!

C-ingspots said...

Ha! I was going to suggest "Toothless Thursday", but someone mentioned, "Thursday Thoughts" which seems a much more kind theme. :) How many times have I wished that our dogs could live longer lives?...always seems much too short to me. But Jackson is here and very much living the good life, so just love him.
Yes, yesterday's weather was wild!! And it was very slick driving to work this morning. But oh, so beautiful today!

MiniKat said...

Such lovely whiskers and wrinkles! I hope Jackson was just having an off day and will be himself again once it warms up more. The lingering chill can plum wear a body out.

A :-) said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jackson is showing his age. I know that must be heart-breaking for you. Maybe you could get him some stairs - I've seen them for dogs to be able to get up on a bed.