Saturday, November 24, 2018

Pea soup

After a pretty sunrise, that low valley fog started crawling up our hill while I headed out to do chores, snapping photos along the way. My little Braeburn apple tree still has a lot of fruit and leaves,
but it is an outlier. The oak up by our gate is hanging on to its cloak of brown, but the volunteer cherry trees only have lacy shawls of yellow and the maples are pretty much nekkid.



By the time we got home from church, fog had fully embraced Boulderneigh. I walked down to the barn again to check hay and water and caught Blake sporting a jaunty piece of straw; going for a Zorro look, perhaps?


 On my way back to the house, I stopped to capture this spiderweb on the fence:

Chuckie was apparently watching me and decided he wanted more attention than I'd given him at the barn. Up through the pasture he trotted,
then he jumped up on the fence to posture and beg. What a character! (In the background of the video you can hear a distant chainsaw, Canadian geese flying over, and Chuckie's tiny voice.)












Back in the house I laid down to rest my eyes for a few minutes. Jackson invited himself up on the bed and tucked his nice, warm body up against my legs. I just love our furry family!


That's it from still-foggy . . .

9 comments:

Michelle said...

First comment.

sylkan said...

The fog was really something, wasn't it. At Rio's barn, the horses couldn't see to the end of the paddocks, so gradually worked their nerve up to get down to the far end. Then galloped back to the gate. About 6 times. What a sight, horses thundering out of the fog all together. I wish I had one little bit of your talent for capturing these moments. Chuckie is a charming addition to your furry band. He's not going to let you ignore him for a minute.

Mama Pea said...

A post full of peacefulness and beauty. Fog and all!

Retired Knitter said...

That Cat!! He knows how to communicate so well without language!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I love your foggy abode! I like foggy days sometimes.

Mokihana said...

I am so enjoying your fall photos!! And Chuckie... he's so darn cute!!

Goatldi said...

How fortunate you are to be owned by such a 🐱

FullyFleeced said...

Chuckie is a real cutie- and he knows how to work it for the camera!

Jeanne said...

I got quite a Chuckie chuckle, when I watched your video of him!! And he reminded me so much of our daughter's big all-black cat, Jack. He used to come across the big church lawn to meet us as we walked home from church, when we lived in Idaho. He was really a loving cat.