Thursday, September 06, 2018

Rolling out the State Fair reports

Because of our family's increased involvement, and therefore attendance, at the State Fair this year, I have a lot of photos to share. I'll post them in groups to break things up, starting with Brian's first driving class on Sunday, August 26. Since he won this event I guess you could say I'm sharing the best first, but that's the way it goes when it occurred on my first day at this year's fair!

This year the wagons and carts were kept in the Livestock Barn near the exhibitors' stalls, so that's where Brian's team was hitched. Katie rode shotgun for him, as she has for several years.


From there he drove to the warm-up arena, where I got shots of all five teams – the Shires (Brian's team), the Belgians, Clydesdales, Percherons (perfectly mannered for their young little driver!), and a second team of Clydes.





I then hurried into the show arena so I could capture each team approaching the ring.





And there they all are, lined up for the judge's decision.
Once the placings are announced, everyone else leaves the ring so the winner can do a victory lap:


And here's a close-up of Brian with his blue ribbon and prize – a handcrafted afghan in most appropriate colors!

That's State Fair report #1 from . . .

3 comments:

Mokihana said...

Congratulations, Brian!!! You did a wonderful job!

Great photos of everything... oh, how I love horses!!

Mokihana said...

Oh yes, the afghan is perfect colors!!! Very Shetland-y for sure.

Michelle said...

Thanks, Mokihana! (But I was thinking the afghan colors were very Shire-like!)