Sunday, March 11, 2018

Tossed salad Sunday

I've gathered an assortment of ingredients (photos, thoughts) but no good dressing (title, theme) to tie them together, but I'm going to toss it all into a big bowl (blog post) and serve it anyway.

I've been treated to some beautiful sunrises lately. Dawn is breaking about the time I usually get up, but they are inching ever earlier. That's ONE good thing about the switch to Daylight Saving Time; I'll get to continue enjoying sunrises for several more weeks without setting my alarm any earlier. Not sure it is worth the semi-annual disruption, though; can't we just LEAVE THE CLOCKS ALONE?!?

Regardless of what the clock says, the seasons march on. Spring is springing.


The riot of color is a party for the senses, but I do love the stark, bare-bones beauty of winter. No worries; if I need a dose of monochromatic contrast and textures, I can create my own!
Our bird feeder has died another death, thanks to the raccoons no doubt. The birds miss the black oil sunflower seeds, and I miss the birds; hopefully Rick can rebuild it . . . again.
It is a relief this spring not to be watching bellies and backsides. All the sheep are growing right now is wool, wool I need to harvest in the coming weeks.  But first, samples will be collected for marketing and micron testing. I am going to use some of the proceeds from fleece sales to send off three of Blake's fleeces to be processed into roving. Most will be for sale, but I'm also feeling the urge to overdye his natural dark oatmeal for richer colors.
All the girls, apparently alarmed because I'm wearing a dress!

All the girls but Brigitte, who is – no surprise – at my feet.
Bree, one of Blake's daughters, on the right; two granddaughters on the left.

Mr. Gatsby has made himself at home. He was deferential to Jackson and Dozer; now he asserts himself occasionally which has caused some arguments. Mostly, though, things are copacetic, if much more littered with toys, hair, and occasional 'accidents' (not pointing fingers, as it could be anyone).
Jackson was right there, too, until I pointed my camera his way.

My riding muscles are feeling neglected thanks to the latest problem with my already compromised horse. Several possibilities are on the horizon; we're waiting to see what develops. In the meantime I plan to get on Rick's neglected horse; it will be good for him and keep me astride.

I'm almost done with my current knitting project, a pair of Romi Hill's Anvard Boot Toppers. Photos soon; hopefully in use. Surely we'll get a few more gray, rainy, cool days before summer comes!

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are welcome to all my gray, snowy days! Lots of knitting going on, but I am so tired of snow. I'm also sorry to hear about Lance - I hope whatever is wrong is fixable, poor lad (and his rider). As always, you have the most beautiful sheep.

A :-) said...

Snowed here again today and it's chilly.

I don't really mind daylight saving time, but it's bizarre how one silly hour can completely mess up my body clock :-D