Sunday, September 24, 2017

"Straw" and shots

This morning during chores, I saw the straw that broke this camel's back – on Bernadette's back. All that hay trash stands out so much more on the darker fleeces! On went the halter and out bucked my chocolate lamb; for the next two hours I brushed and monkey-picked some of the hay out of her fleece before calling it quits and putting a Rocky Sheep Suit on her. As she grows and needs a change of coats, I plan to pick more VM out of her lovely locks.





Tonight I caught and held each of the ten girls so Rick could give them Lutalyse shots. I hope no one is bothered much by the drug; this is the first time I've had to take this measure – and hopefully it will be the last!

That's it for now from . . .



4 comments:

FullyFleeced said...

wow, love that beautiful dark brown fleece! just gorgeous-

Susan said...

Beautiful, beautiful fleece!

Moldy Old Crone said...

It was good to have a detailed report on the youngsters, after seeing them in person. You have some really stunning fleeces, and I'm glad I got away with just one! But fleeces are like potato chips...

Michelle said...

Thanks, Denise and Susan!

Sue, it was wonderful to have you visit! If you get the munchies for more "potato chips," you know where to come. ;-)