Tuesday, June 13, 2017

What a difference a day makes

The garden has gone from "look hard and you'll see a sprout" to "look – there are ROWS!"
Some people are complaining about our current cool spell; Brian tried to turn on the heat pump this morning. I say, enjoy the need for another layer and a hot drink, and a break from high pollen counts!
I call this composition "Allergy Still Life"

I also get a bit of a break from watering duties. I still have to water all my pots, but the in-ground plants are doing just fine.
Stella D'Oro daylily with visitor

Spirea

Last iris standing

Pretty weeds in the logged lot to our north; love the white sport!

Here is a scene to warm my heart:

That's it for today from . . .

1 comment:

Claire MW said...

Lovely to see all your gorgeous blossoms - my tulips have just ended and the bachelor's button has come out. Waiting patiently on irises and peonies. Marc has been bothered with his allergies a lot this spring but I am lucky enough not to have any pollen sensitivities. I certainly sympathize with you though!