Saturday, June 18, 2016

Relishing the days

Oh, how I have enjoyed the weather this week! It has fit my definition of perfection: days dancing on the edge of warm; nights bracingly cool; an occasional refreshing sprinkle; the exquisite play of sunshine and clouds providing an unparalleled sky show –
with a special feature every evening at sundown.

And yes, I am enjoying my quiet weekend – although 'quiet' is relative. Two of the three dogs are in hyper-alert mode, exploding in nerve-shredding vocalizations at every real and imagined sound. I'm sure they expect the missing members of the family to walk in at any moment and want to be the first to greet them, but OY! I haven't done much since the guys left yesterday mid-afternoon; mostly I've just decompressed. I did spend a couple hours yesterday afternoon walking and talking with a friend in Willamette Mission State Park; it's been ages since we've had a proper "catch up" and she had never been to the park in spite of living here all her life.
Tomorrow I plan to hit the ground running so I can cross off all the miscellaneous tasks I've assigned myself to do while my guys are gone. A friend and I talked about hauling our horses somewhere to ride together, but her dog is whelping today so I'll fit in a ride alone – and probably get a whole lot more done!

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- your weather has been much better than ours!

Mama Pea said...

Good weather for your good weekend . . . perfect! Enjoy!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Enjoy :-).

Retired Knitter said...

Ah, yes. Those heart stopping barks meant to alert you to falling leaves. Same at my house while I watch my grand dogs for this week.

C-ingspots said...

Oh, I am in total agreement about out perfectly, beautiful weather last week! And our skies and clouds have been masterpieces...since I've gotten older, my comfort level has shrunk considerably and I'm finding I prefer the cooler weather like you.