Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It's not over yet

Thank-you for all your concern, sympathy, and prayers. I am in a better place emotionally and spiritually than I was Monday and into Tuesday morning; Sarai is in a worse place physically than she was yesterday. She's definitely not out of the woods yet, but that is not what my title refers to....

I was at my nadir when I fell into bed Monday night. Tuesday morning didn't look any brighter, apart from the fact that Sarai was still standing. But on my way to the part-time office job I turned the dial to contemporary Christian radio (it's either that or public broadcasting). The following song was on the playlist, and spoke to my heart on so many levels. As my mom has reminded me throughout my life, "It's a battle and a march." Or a marathon, according to the Apostle Paul.



Also resonating with me was The Last Battle (speaking of "for King & country"!), the C.S. Lewis book Brian is currently reading to me when we're in the car. So much so, in fact, that last night I stayed up very late to finish it while Rick was gone on an emergency. (Shhh; don't tell Brian as he hates it when I read ahead, even though he's read it already himself.) Yes, I've read ahead to the end of the book so I know how the story ends – it's what keeps me going!

The weather is not in a better place yet, although it is supposed to improve a bit. We are all ready for a break from the relentless wet.

Squish-squishing along at . . .


6 comments:

Shine said...

so sorry for all your troubles :( You're looking in the right direction! Your taste in music is awesome....God will help you through :) Saying a prayer in Tennessee

LannieK said...

)))hugs(((
& prayers

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

what a wonderful comfort for us that we know it will end...the devil loses! praise God for his gentle love for us and the blessings that come with each morning...hold on tight!
with great love, Karla

Debbie said...

Sorry things have been difficult and stressful. Take care.

C-ingspots said...

I'm sorry to hear of your recent loss, and pray for Surai's recovery. It seems like the enemy has been hitting lots of people very hard lately, it seems relentless. On the news, at the clinic, everywhere I go the goings-on seem dire. Came back to finish this up, but it seems repetitive now that we've just had a similar conversation on the phone. :) So in closing, I'll just second what Miss Peach said.

Donna said...

So sorry Michelle :(