Sunday, October 18, 2015

A golden one

The title refers to this poem, and this friend:
I met Val 26 years ago next month when she became our realtor (our first purchase was her first closing!), and then much more. Over the years we've spent countless hours riding horses and talking – about raising kids and aging parents and sibling relationships and faith. A few years ago she moved to Hawaii, but still comes back to the area occasionally for work. We get together when we can, and today was one of those special times. We chose to walk and talk at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, and had a beautiful day for it.

Here's to all friends silver and gold!

That's it for today from . . .

5 comments:

Tina T-P said...

How nice to have a long time friend with long time memories :-) I was talking to one of our past members at work the other day and we realized that we had known each other for 30 years, as I was one of the first people he met when he moved to B'ham in 1985 - wow, it doesn't seem like that long ago -but 30 years? Holy cow.

Glad you had a good visit with your friend!

Lisa Smith said...

What a nice day for you and your dear friend! That's what it's really all about, isn't it; friendships are such a joy. I remember singing the first 2 lines of that poem in Girl Scouts. We'd sing it in the round (I hope that's the correct way to refer to it.....). You picked a lovely place to spend the day together; the Tualatin Wildlife Refuge is such a peaceful place. I feel fortunate to live about a half hour away from it. I am blessed to have a dear golden friend as well. My friend Ruth and I met in 1987 when we both lived in Cambria, California. We each had enrolled our sons in the junior high school's basketball league. It was the first game, and neither of our sons were very enthusiastic about it! We discovered that we both had our big dogs waiting in our cars in the parking lot; she with her yellow lab, and I with my Malamute. We took our dogs for a walk together and they became girlfriends too! We are only 4 months apart in age, and both grew up in Southern California. Over the years we've lived close by and far away, but the connection is always there. I am so glad you have such a cherished friend; thank you for sharing your day!

Michelle said...

Friendships really are the best thing about life on this earth, aren't they? I treasure the time I get to spend with any of mine even more, now that I have so little free time (and they are all in the same boat!).

Fat Dormouse said...

Indeed, friends are golden!

Maggie said...

It's always great to catch up with old friends.