Monday, August 03, 2015

Riding the momentum

Hot on the heels of the Tour de Fleece, the Jenkins Woodworking group on Revelry started up a Fall Mini Spin-Along, or SAL, with alpaca/llama as the theme. As hot as our summer has been, spinning is a lot more appealing than knitting (I have to have SOMEthing to keep my fingers busy!), and just as portable with a Turkish spindle. So I dug around in my stash for some batts a blogpal sent to me years ago, six ounces of 70% black Shetland/25% grey llama/5% icicle top (the shiny stuff), and started spinning at the coast. It will keep me occupied this month as I cool my heels at the county courthouse; I report for jury duty bright and early tomorrow morning.

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

sewbeezy said...

How's it spinning up? Is it a fun spin?

Debbie said...

How is the spinning going? And jury duty?

Unknown said...

Very pretty sheen on the grey wool.

Michelle said...

Yes, it IS a fun spin, Sara, Tina, and Debbie. It's been awhile since I've spun from a blended batt or with fiber this long; I quickly realized I could back way off on my twist.

Nancy Kay, the icicle fiber makes this sparkle. I've had several people comment that it looks like steel wool; then they feel the fiber and are surprised by how soft it is!