Sunday, August 16, 2015

More spinning

This would apply to my spindle (still) and something entirely different this time – dancing!

This afternoon we attended the 2015 Grand Ronde Contest Pow Wow; our first, even though we've lived in this area for over a quarter of a century. I don't know what took us so long; I loved the dancing contests! There were traditional, fancy, and jingle dances for men, women, boys, and girls, a veritable smorgasbord for photographers. It will take me awhile to go through my photos, but here is a video clip of one of the men's dances to whet your appetite.

On our way back from the pow wow, I finished up the first half of my Black Glitter batts from Sewbeezy.

That's 85g of fiber on a little 21g Turkish spindle! I think I'll use a bigger spindle for the second half; there wasn't much shaft to work with in the end with this one.

That's it for today from . . .

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what great fun! I've never been to a Pow Wow either.

A :-) said...

I stumbled on a dance presentation like this while driving Old Route 66 years ago. I was in New Mexico, I think. It was amazing.

A :-) said...

I stumbled on a dance presentation like this while driving Old Route 66 years ago. I was in New Mexico, I think. It was amazing.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wow!

Unknown said...

I've been to many Pow Wows here over the years. I love the fancy dancing!