Friday, June 12, 2015

Slow out of the gate


It's just me and the animals (and my beautiful blue orchid) here at Boulderneigh until Monday night, and I am enjoying the solitude. Didn't get a fleece harvested this afternoon like I planned; too tired after a very short night (the alarm went off at 2:00 so Rick could get to the airport on time) and too many errands to run after dropping Brian off at noon (he'll be gone a whole week!). I always have a slew of things I want to accomplish during these rare seasons alone; I'll be fortunate to finish a fraction of them in between animal and garden chores.

Speaking of animals, Benny is neither better nor worse. His blood test results are bizarre; Rick thinks they might indicate parasites. I have a fecal sample to take to the clinic on Monday; in the meantime I've wormed him and will continue supportive care. This is not the first time I've had to deal with an animal health crisis when Rick is out of town. Thankfully, it didn't start while he was gone.

That's it for now from . . .

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Enjoy the alone time. I know that animal and garden chores will keep you busy but I hope you find some moments just for you. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Benny.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Please take part of this time alone to relax and take care of yourself!!! You don't have to do it all. Recharging your own batteries is just as important as anything else you feel you ought to do. Please??

Michelle said...

Oh, I DO take time for me, Debbie and FFG – too much, it always seems when I look at all that needs to be accomplished when I have time like this! I'm trying to recharge my batteries AND get stuff done...

LannieK said...

Enjoy your solitude time... Mixed with your critters and a bit of gardening. (awe, so envious) Do hope Benny is much better by next week, poor guy. Maybe some cheerios? Yea never know :-) BTW, that orchid is so beautiful! I had a pale, light green one open today.