Thursday, February 19, 2015

A change of pace

I know, I know, this blog has been monotonous lately. Sheep and flowers, flowers and sheep. Yawn. How about something exciting – like KNITTING!?!

Last night I finally got a big volunteer job ready for proofing, and felt I could indulge myself and cast on something. This hat called my name, in part because I have always been intrigued with how to get vertical stripes in knitted projects without knitting sideways. So I grabbed the bit of orange yarn I had left over from Christmas gifts, plus some brown yarn from stash, and started my California Poppies Hat:

Just for good measure, here is this morning's sunrise:

That's it for today from . . .

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love that hat! Can't wait to see the finished product. I really do need to tackle knitting with more than one color...

Unknown said...

A little color-knitting is good activity!! And what a lovely sunrise!!

Mary Ann said...

This made me laugh with the juxtaposition, but you are so talented!