Monday, September 15, 2014

Last day of summer?

I know, I know; the last day of summer is still officially a week off. But today might be the last time we see 90 degrees on the thermometer this year (good riddance, say I, in spite of my new sandals), and there is a brisk breeze blowing the wildfire smoke out of the Willamette Valley tonight. I noticed some hints of autumn around the place today as well:

I can hardly wait for another of our typical fall colors – GREEN!

That's it for summer today at . . .

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Fall coming here, too... in the forties this morning! We
are to be back in the 80's by the weekend, with rain again.

Susan said...

I love those sandals! And look at those cute toes!!!! There are a lot of signs here that fall is on it's way. Lots of color starting to pop up in the forests.

Unknown said...

We're supposed to hit 80 degrees this week, but I think that will be the last time... and the show of colors will be starting anytime...

farmlady said...

With all the fires, smoke and heat... I heard the leaves blowing outside in the wind, the other night and realized that summer is holding on by a thread and Autumn will win soon. This can't happen soon enough.
Love your nail color.