Monday, August 11, 2014

Wrestling with wool

Not to be confused with wrestling with woollies; it's much too hot for that. Beastly hot. Yesterday, last night and today is the hottest spell we've had this summer; I guess we could blame it on the supermoon. Thankfully, tomorrow is supposed to be a little better, followed by temps in the 70s and a chance of rain Wednesday and Thursday.

This is the wool I'm wrestling with. I decided to cast on a chair pad and save the fingerless mitts for travel knitting (I had to frog them to make them bigger, so there's plenty of knitting for our upcoming trip). For the chair pads I'm using size 13 needles and natural longwool roving, and manipulating both is downright tiring. But I very much like what is taking shape, so I will wrestle on. I expect to bind off #1 of four tonight.

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fun! I think I would have done outside in, but that's just me. Took me a minute to get the scale into my brain - that's some large knitting!!

Leigh said...

What a great idea. Small knitting projects are a must when it's hot!