Monday, April 07, 2014

Everything's coming up roses

Make that tulips, plums, and violets; we don't have any roses at Boulderneigh because the meadow rats think they're candy. BUT! My mom is sending me a couple bee-U-teeful roses, so I'm going to get a couple big pots and put these on our deck!
It is so much easier to enjoy the beauty around me when all is right in the Shetland flock.  :-)  This morning when I took Benny his morning bottle, Sarai's twins were both nursing, Marta was chewing her cud and feeding Blaisie, and Annabelle moved in close for a brisket rub. It has been an interesting lambing season to say the least, and I am so thankful for my ewes and their beautiful lambs. Sarai's twins are definitely a grand finale. With their katmoget pattern, uber-crimpy fleece and super-model long legs I'm leaning towards naming them something exotic like Bermuda and Bahama. But I have promised Brian some input, so we'll see what he says. (I've already ruled out suggestions "Bounce" and "Boing;" with their looks and pedigree, these lambs need more sophisticated names!)

The weather forecast this week bodes well for daily pasture playtime, although Marta and Sarai will not be letting their precious offspring mix with those big rowdy boys yet, I'm sure. Maybe they would be more comfortable with him if they knew Benny was a church-goer? Our pastor took these photos before and during the children's story Sabbath:
When God gives you blessings, you're supposed to share them!

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh my goodness! Your lamb has gone to church!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Y'all were brave; I always put diapers on my lambs when they were out in public, inside.

C-ingspots said...

Yay!! So happy to hear that all is well with the mums and their lambs!! Sounds like the beach retreat was good for you too. Is Benny as much of a ham as he seems to be? :)

Pam in FLA said...

For baby names, how about Chloe and Charlton? Vincent and Veronica? Perry and Penelope? I could go on if you like... ; )

Pam in FLA said...

Oops... forgot, you need B names! How 'bout Bella and Baldwin?