Friday, September 06, 2013

REAL RAIN!

After two-plus dry months, we got a tantalizing, dust-settling sprinkle Wednesday night. Then yesterday afternoon, the clouds opened up and it rained through last night. This morning, our rain gauge showed an impressive (for this area) one-day total:
Woot! Everything is cleaner – and will be greener in short order. And I do mean short order – the grass seems to wake up overnight with 'nature's irrigation'! Relieved of watering duties for now, I enjoy the loveliness around me (click to biggify the beauty).


Singin' 'bout the rain, at . . .

8 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Wow, if I had that much rain in one day I would sit outside and watch the grass grow. But raisin farmers here don't want to see that right now, all the raisins are laying on paper trays on the ground drying right now.

Michelle said...

Truth be told, it's probably not good timing for the wine grapes around here, either. Although this may be early enough that they will still recover their sugar levels but not crack.

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Now that is something I've been wanting to get, a rain gauge... thanks for reminding me :D It's turned decidedly cold here in New Hampshire, last night was low 40's brrrr. Start breaking out the woolie socks!
Hugs and enjoy the weekend,
Beth

Unknown said...

Hooray for your rain! We'd be flooded down here if that much dropped in a day. So far, we have humidity and huge thunderheads to the east, but they usually don't make it to the coast.

Mary Ann said...

Michelle, I'm so glad for you!

Michelle said...

Beth, I asked for one from my guys for my birthday or Christmas several years before it happened. I'd say buy one for yourself; it's more expedient. ;-)

It's pretty unusual for here, too, Shelly. Today has stayed cloudy, letting the moisture soak in thoroughly. YAY!

Thank-you, Mary Ann; God is good.

thecrazysheeplady said...

We could sure use some rain here too.

Maureen said...

Beautiful photos! I would love to draw some of those flowers... great shots. I wish it would really, truly rain here too. Just these light sprinkles are not enough; they only tease.