Tuesday, November 20, 2012

They're ba-a-a-ack!

Yep, the silver squirrels have finally figured out that we are serving black oil sunflower seeds again.

It's almost more than Jackson can stand!

I'm hoping the two-year-old girls (like Buffy on the left) get back into laying again soon. The daily average IS improving a little....

Most of the leaves have been stripped and scattered by the recent winds, but the Japanese maples near the entrance to our house still have color. And it stopped raining long enough to take a picture!

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

Leigh said...

We have a Japanese maple near our back door. It give our best autumn color. Funny, because I never would have thought to plant one of these, but I love it.

I wish my hens would start laying again too. We're down to 1 or 2 eggs per day! Not good at the holidays.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Jackson is adorable.

Michelle said...

Leigh, Japanese maples are probably my FAVORITE landscaping plant! There are SO many varieties, from tiny to large; some with winter color (coral bark), some with interesting shapes, some with variegated leaves in summer, almost all with amazing fall color. For Christmas years ago, Rick gave me the Japanese maple bible, "Japanese Maples" by J.D. Vertrees. I have spent HOURS drooling over its pages!

Michelle said...

Yes, he is. :-)