Sunday, November 25, 2012

On the road again . . . soon

We head for home today. I'm not exactly sure when; my dad and Rick are dissembling a radial arm saw that we are taking home, and then we'll fit all our other stuff in around it. I'm nervous that we won't have enough room left to pick up the dogs on our way. That's right; they didn't come with us. The day before we left my friend Debbie said that Dozer was welcome to come to "Camp Cummings," so we were just going to take Jackson. But when we tried to load his crate in the car, it wouldn't fit – anywhere, any way. What to do? We couldn't take him without a way to contain him, and we were ready to leave! Rick thought of his secretary, and decided to call her at the clinic. Bless her heart, she said she'd be happy to watch Jackson during our absence, so we loaded him in the car and dropped him off on our way out of town. Lorie's two dogs were at the clinic (she brings them with her most days), and the younger Lab was not very welcoming. Poor Jackson did not want to stay, and about broke my heart looking out the window as we got back in the car to leave.
(Lorie called on Thanksgiving to put my mind at ease, saying that Jackson and Ruby had made up and were having great fun playing together.)

Anyway, I'm anxious to get home and see my dogs – and all the other critters of Boulderneigh.

We've had a good visit, though, and are so glad we came. We've been blessed by family, food, games, and even – gasp – some Black Friday shopping! I was wondering if it would be as bad as you see on the news sometimes, and I did witness at least one nasty altercation, but overall, everyone was congenial.



It was neat to see what a mouflon sheep really looks like!

I found some great deals at Cabella's, too! :-)

That's it for now . . .

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

We have a Cabelas here, too, very close to us. I love to look at the animals there! (Live and dead!)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Cabelas is coming to Wytheville, about 75 miles from me.
I think I'd have tied the crate to the roof to get that beautiful dog home -smile-.

Anonymous said...

Oh that poor face in the window. Reminds me of my kids when I used to leave them at the sitters. You knew they were gonna have a ball, but the faces just ripped my heart out. Cabellas!!! I've alsway wanted to go to one. I never have! Envy!

Michelle said...

Mary Ann, I must admit that the constant focus on killing and death at Cabela's made me sad; I would so much rather see God's creatures full of life than full of stuffing. Then I happened to be where a video was running where 'predators' were being hunted - just for fun. Not for food, not because they were bothering livestock. To see them instantly snuffed out with a single shot brought tears to my eyes and you can bet I avoided seeing more.

Sandra, I love that dog and it was SO hard to leave him!

Ruth, I'm sure you'd love Cabela's! There's one in Eugene, you know; maybe you can get to that one someday.

Susan said...

Oooh, that little face in the window would have had me squeezing him into the glovebox! Glad he had a good time on Thanksgiving, too. I schlepped the grand-dogs up to my parents this year. I always have found taxidermy creepy. I prefer my wildlife live.

C-ingspots said...

Oh Michelle, I knew you were fretting about Jackson before you guys even left (and took that sad mug shot). :) But Jackson had a blast!! He and Ruby ran laps and played a lot. And Jackson even had a few treats on Thanksgiving Day...you knew we couldn't resist didn't you?

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

so glad all worked out well for your pups so you could enjoy your trip!