Monday, June 18, 2012

The answer is blowin' in the wind

What is the question?

1) What is going on with the Boulderneigh flock? The answer blowin' in the wind is plaintive lamb voices and occasional ewe replies. Yes, it's high time those big boys got weaned! (I left little Bloomers with the ewes to help Annabelle dry off more gradually.) Bing and Bittersweet are locked up in the fold today, where their cries aren't quite as obnoxiously loud.

2) What is going on with the shepherd's eyes and nose? The answer blowin' in the wind is pollen. My allergies were blessedly slow to start this spring, but my immune system is in full-blown defense mode now. Sniff. Rub. Ah-CHOOO!

3) What is the condition of our little riding arena? The answer blowin' in the wind is dust. Larry, my tack and I are coated with a fine layer of it after every schooling session these days. That sand dries out quickly once it stops raining.

Other signs of the season are more pleasant. We've had a few strawberries and red raspberries to tempt our tastebuds, and other fruit is showing promise of good things to come.
Currents – I think these are the red ones
Little green tomato

Yellow raspberries
The last of the rhody blossoms for the year
That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Blossom's down to two tiny babas a day, so she's doing some cryin' too :-(.

Tombstone Livestock said...

weaning time is fast approaching here ... bet mamas are going to be ready before babies.

Michelle said...

Considering that my lambs were born at the end of February, they were MORE than ready - not that they agree. :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks to all your talk of babas, I've changed my sheep call from a sing-song "rammy-rammy-ewe-ewe" to "here, babas; come on, babas."

A :-) said...

Yum! Things are looking good! Michelle, I can't access your horse blog anymore - for awhile I didn't see the link anymore. I see the link, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm missing what's going on with Larry.

A :-) said...

Figured it out - you have an extra http:// in your URL for the dressage link :-)

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Love those yellow raspberries, but I haven't had a lot of luck growing them here. I just keep trying.