Tuesday, May 08, 2012

We have a winner!

Photo totally unrelated to post; I just thought this "thing" on one of our pines was cool.

Yesterday my trusty sidekick Tonto (or is he the Lone Ranger?) pulled a name out of the hat for my May Day drawing. Congratulations, Adrienne! The funny thing is, I joined Adrienne's Pay-It-Forward challenge, so she's going to be sending ME something she's made within a year. Having been the recipient of Adrienne's time and talent before, my little prize seems inadequate. Thinking cap is on....

In the meantime, I have decided that three "runners-up" also deserve a little something. Kelly and Lisa both took me up on posting my giveaway on their blogs for an extra entry, and dear Ruth, bless her patience, took a chance and entered this drawing even though she still hasn't received the prize I promised for my lambing 2011 drawing! (Hanging my head in shame.) So ladies, I will be in contact with you about your consolation prizes.

In other news, we are down to eight chickens. The second of the "asylum chickens" who escaped from the neighbors', Lucy the Red Sex-Link, passed away last night. I noticed she didn't feel well yesterday, but my chicken doctorin' skills are non-existent and Rick and I didn't connect until 10:00 last night. After talking to Laura this morning, I think we'll try some tetracycline in the water. Brian is campaigning for more Easter Eggers/Ameraucanas, but I'm not sure we should add more to the mix at this time.

That's it for today . . .

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy Smokes, I won something.....I am beside myself with excitement.

Sorry to hear of your chicken loss, I just really hate it when I lose an animal, I take it very personally for some silly reason.

Thanks for the consolation prize, now I think I better get a "pay it forward" prize out to someone. hmmmmmmm....

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Yay for the winners, all of 'em! I hate it when nature is cruel, far too much of that, imo -LOL-

A :-) said...

Wheeeeee!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Thank you Michelle!!!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Our "things" are tan. Your purple is pretty!

thecrazysheeplady said...

And I'm sorry Lucy is gone. What a great story she was.

Nancy K. said...

Sorry to hear you lost another hen. I always felt SO badly when one of my chickens (or any other animal, for that matter) died. I hope adding tetracylene clears up the problem!