Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sibling rivalry

Bloom and Bittersweet, getting along like the siblings they are.

Bloomers is moving to Washington in July to join Franna's flock at Everranch. There are only two other breeders of fine-fleeced Shetlands using polled genetics on the West Coast that I know of, and Franna is one of them.

Bittersweet is now banded. His small scurs flare out so they shouldn't ever need to be trimmed. He is available to a fiber pet home, or will stay here to produce the clean, crimpy, soft, fine fleece that my customers like. I haven't worked on making him friendly; I need to do that. Too bad he wasn't born with different plumbing; I'd sure love to have a moorit ewe lamb just like him!

That's it for today from . . .

5 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Where are you getting your sheep coats? I need to replace mine but the person I was getting them from isn't selling them anymore.

Michelle said...

They are from Rocky Sheep Suits; I think they're the best!

Kelly said...

I see a lot of lambs this week sparing to determine the pecking order. Even the ewes seem to be having mild skirmishes in our cool weather this week. None of it seems mean spirited, seems more like feel-good play sessions.

Michelle said...

I didn't think much of the chocolate twins butting each other, but I WAS surprised at how much Bramble and Marta were going at it yesterday!

Tina T-P said...

Wethers - isn't that the truth, all they have to do is be sociable and put out a good fleece. But The Shepherd spends a lot of time wishing they were ewes too :-) T.