Friday, May 11, 2012

Another floral Friday







From the dainty and demure to the flamboyantly flashy, there's almost always something blooming at Boulderneigh. It is located in, after all, "The Eden at the End of the [Oregon] Trail." Even our WEEDS are eye candy (that would be the yellow Scotch broom)!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I am going to try and get some good photos of the two ram lambs, Bing and Bittersweet, this weekend. We have too many men carrying purses (intact rams) around here, so unless someone speaks up and reserves one of these wonderfully fleeced and conformed lambs as a potential flock sire in the very near future, they will be banded. Bing is a love without ever being pushy so I am comfortable selling him intact, but I know he could enjoy life as a fiber pet even more. There doesn't seem to be much interest in breeding stock or fiber pets these days, but my fleeces sure sell out quickly. Since I would rather not send sheep to market, I will probably keep what doesn't sell to produce the fine fleeces I like to promote. Now to find time to spin more of it myself!

That's it for today from . . .

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I think you must have more blooming plants on your place than anyone else I know! Always lovely to see the pictures.

Michelle said...

Mama Pea, our place is modestly adorned for this part of the country. You really should come for a visit some Spring!