Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Little eels

The lambs slip in and out of the pasture at will now, without a whole lot of reaction from their dams. (Bing can't squeeze under this fence or gate anymore, but there are a couple other spots where he can.) I sure like the fleeces on these chocolate lambs - and that ram lamb is a little stud muffin!

Bing's fleece is looking great, too. Before turning everyone out yesterday morning, I caught him up for a closer look. Not the best photos (mid-side and purse), but he's jet black, crimpy, and lustrous!

Bloom may be the littlest lamb, but she's turned into a tiny firecracker. The first short video is of her playing, and the second, even shorter one shows her "eel act."





Focusing on quality, not quantity, at . . .

10 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

They are so cute when they bounce around like that! Nice black!

Lori Skoog said...

I love your little firecracker!

Susan said...

I could just hear the soundtrack - "Boing! Boing! Boing!" They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Susan... the "boing's" were coming thru loud and clear.

Unknown said...

Whoosh! That's the sharp intake of breath that immediately followed my seeing Bing's fleece pictures. Lovely. Bloom is just a little sprite, isn't she? She's filling out well. Its easy to tell mama does a good job.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

that's some incredible fleece! I'm green.

Tina T-P said...

Look at that little stinker pop through that fence - like greased lightening!

Last of our lambs born this evening - Big dude -6 lbs 3 oz. - he's bigger than the ones that were born two weeks ago!

I use Carbonite to back up all my files (photos and everything) on my computer - it does it automatically and I don't have to worry about it - when I got my new computer last year, I just downloaded Carbonite on the new computer and set it to download all my files and bada-bing, bada-boom - all done! Love that Carbonite.com! T.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Those are some handsome lambs and that black fleece is to die for!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tip on Carbonite, Tina. I will think about a backup service. Do you worry about ALL your info being in someone else's control?

BTW, that black lamb was 7 lbs 4 oz at birth - from a very small first-timer! He's been a moose ever since - which is why he can't slip under that fence or gate anymore! (Don't you guys want a friendly producer of awesome black fiber in YOUR flock?)

Michelle said...

I wouldn't mind keeping Bing for his beautiful black fleece (and friendly personality), especially now that Inky is gone, but space is an issue. I still have a wether from LAST year (with incredible fleece, I might add). Need to find homes for these boys!