Sunday, April 22, 2012

Colors

Today's forecast predicted record-setting temperatures, and delivered. My Arizona MIL still thought it felt cool, but 80-something feels hot to us!

We - and many, many other people - decided it was a perfect day to visit Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. (You gotta love a region where flowers are a "row crop"!) I took Songbird along for the walk, and found the perfect backdrop for her:

In spite of the evening's distant thunderhead, we're supposed to get one more summer day before rain moves in again. I'll take it!

That's it for today from . . .

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh my goodness! The tulips are wonderful! Ours are already gone by here, but thanks for sharing the pictures from Wooden Shoe.

Unknown said...

Ho ho! You have the sunshine, and we have the rain, or at least heavy mist, here in San Diego.

Jody said...

That is very hot weather although I bet you don;t get the horrid humidity like us!
Those flowers remind me of de keukenhof :-)

Michelle said...

Jody, I am very thankful that it is rarely what I would call humid here. It really is a lovely climate year-round, considering the alternatives!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

We've gone from sleety winter weather to RAIN; bet we've had 2 or 3 inches since 8 p.m. last night. The thunderstorms were incredible and went on, seemingly, forEver!