Friday, December 23, 2011

Travelogue #3: Sonoran sunset

On Sabbath afternoon, following church, then dinner at the home of friends of my in-laws, we headed out to Pinnacle Peak Park to hike through the Sonoran desert. Both of my friends and their families were able to join us, swelling our total ranks to 20.

It was a gorgeous day, perfect for hiking, photography, and enjoying the handiwork of the Creator. In a short story I read once, rays of sunlight like those shown above were called "fingers of God." Very apropos.


As the sun dropped closer to the horizon, beams of golden sunlight slanted onto the hillside,
then blessed us with a perfect Sonoran sunset.
What a way to end a special Sabbath day!

One more travelogue to come, from . . .

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You should have hollered up the hill at us! ;)

Michelle said...

I thought about it, but I hadn't heard from you in so long that I wasn't even sure you still LIVED there! How have you been???