Tuesday, November 01, 2011

No room at the inn

But at least they aren't doubling (or tripling!) up!

We had our first definite frost last night, which means my dahlias are probably toast. But the leaves will keep us in color for awhile longer, and of course we have the jewel-green grass and the beautifully-angled light to brighten up the atmosphere.

Inside, I've been working on Navajo-plying my Water Lilies singles from Laura when I can. The resulting yarn is dazzling me with its sparkling-rich color! I can't wait to finish this yarn so I can see it in a skein.

That's it for today from . . .

7 comments:

Christine said...

Nice to see your chickens are laying. Mine seem to given that up entirely.

Your spinning is gorgeous.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Great photos, love the one of the leaf in the fence, thanks for sharing.

Theresa said...

Beautiful yarn! And so aptly named. Snow for us tonight and through the weekend. Seems early, but it has been a cool summer all in all.

Laura said...

Brava, Brava on the yarn! It's really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That yarn is striking! The colors and uniformity are great.

I love the tree picture - you captured the colors and light so well.

Haven't we had the loveliest past few days. So not ready to hear the rain that's pounding on the roof right now.

Michelle said...

Ours have cut back, Christine, but we're still getting enough for us with some left to sell.

And thanks to you all on the yarn! (Laura named it.) I've skeined it off and will show photos soon; it's even more beautiful that way.

Yes, I'm sitting here listening to rain as well, Wanda. But there is a fire in the woodstove and it's toasty inside.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I have fallen in love with painted top! Its all Laura's fault too! I think the reason I enjoy it so much is the challenge of making it look nice after its spun and plied. If you make the color changes to short (ie, by splitting the top too narrow before spinning) the colors will be bent back on each other too much and 'candy stripe' your yarn. And I agree, it is always prettier when you get it skeined up :) Nice close up on your yarn! Well done!