Friday, October 07, 2011

The hay is always sweeter....

All the sheep want to be somewhere else. The ladies in the wooded lot with Bunker want in the fold. The sheep in the fold want OUT, as does Annabelle in the Ram-ada Inn. Only Blake and Browning seem satisfied with their accommodations. In just a little over two weeks, we'll upset the fruit basket again....

This morning I finally took a few moments out of my hectic schedule to sit in the fold with Bart and the non-breeding girls. One of my goals during breeding season is to completely win Bart's heart. As a lamb he really wanted to be a pet, but I did not encourage that as I didn't know if he was destined to be a breeding ram or a fiber wether. By the time we wethered him, he had become a lot more cautious of people, although I can tell he still feels drawn to human attention. Before I took the above photo, all four of the sheep were lined up in front of me for pets and scritches - even old Inky, who has never been one to seek attention. It was a wonderful way to start the day!

That's it for now from . . .

1 comment:

Theresa said...

And those are some pretty sweet sheepy faces!