Friday, May 13, 2011

Visual echoes

Bonny and her dam Bronwen are a pretty pair. Both are for sale, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to keep Bonny.

We have been getting so many beautiful birds at our feeder lately - goldfinches and house finches, black-headed grosbeaks and evening grosbeaks, black-capped chickadees and chestnut-backed chickadees, scrub jays and Stellar's jays, red-breasted nuthatches and this morning, a Western tanager. Robins and bluebirds perch on fencepots, red-tailed hawks soar overhead, California quail run along the ground, rufous-sided towhees hide in the bushes, and violet-green swallows swoop around the house. Black-oil sunflower seed has gone up in price (like everything else), but we will buy it as long as we are able because the birds provide such wonderful "programming." I wish I had the time and talent to capture all these feathered beauties to share with you here, but right now you'll have to settle for a brilliant male goldfinch, along with tulips and decorative fencing that echo his coloring.

I will admit to feeling a bit lost and lonely when Blogger crashed for almost 24 hours. I enjoy visiting other people's blogs and your comments on mine! And as of this moment, Blogger also ate two of my posts. :-(

That's it for today from . . .

8 comments:

A :-) said...

My blog is still not re-updated . . . it's weird. Glad yours is, though :-) Do you only use the one kind of birdseed or do you use a mix?

Michelle said...

Just the one kind; seems to bring in the widest assortment with a lot less waste. Hope your blog is up again soon, too.

An English Shepherd said...

What a great looking' bird!

Mom L said...

I love the echo idea - Bonny is lovely. And the yellow - wow, how striking.

I don't HAVE a blog, but I was extremely frustrated yesterday trying to visit my favorites. I'm glad to be here now!

Nancy in Iowa

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Very pretty little lamb! I also love the echo picture, nicely done :)

Tammy said...

That was pretty freaky! My last post seems to be just gone too. Not sure it will find it's way back. So strange. Love the pictures. The ones with yellow in them are especially uplifting.
Tammy

Sharon said...

I know! I was getting to tell you how pretty your yard is and then there was that message, and again and again. I was thinking I might need a 12 steps group! The Google update said they were restoring unintentionally deleted posts. I can't complain too much since Blogger is free.

Catherine Criswell Spear said...

Nice photos -- sheep are so calming!