Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Using stash

My Sakaki shawl/scarf is done! It is a silky, substantial piece that feels luxurious about the neck and shoulders. It could use a "freshen-up" bath, but I might just wear it before I do that. I started with 470 grams of this yarn and used 190 grams, meaning I have enough yarn left for one more Sakaki plus maybe a skinny scarf. But I think I'll do something different first....



The temptation above is the last pattern release in Romi's 7 Small Shawls to Knit ebook; the fact that "Alcyone" was released the same night I finished Sakaki seems serendipitous. And I have the perfect yarn for it, too:
This yarn was a gift from Adrienne when I started knitting socks. It will get ever so much more appreciation on my shoulders than it would have on my feet! Never fear, there is enough sock yarn in my stash that my feet need not be neglected. ;-)

That's it for today from . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have dreamed of hand-knitted socks. Alas, I can barely crochet, so I'll dream of your warm feet. Whoa, that sounded way stranger than I meant it too! LOL

Kelly said...

Simply lovely Michelle. Now, let's see it on you too. (grin)

A :-) said...

Yay!! Glad you are using that!! :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Gorgeous yarn!

Sharon said...

Beautiful lace. Now you need to do it again in lace from the Turkish!