Friday, May 27, 2011

Things that please me

Last night I cast on for Alcyone, the last shawl in Romi's ebook "7 Small Shawls to Knit." Love this yarn; love this pattern! On top of that, I wore my Sakaki over a black long-sleeved t-shirt with jeans when I went to town today, and felt both warm and elegant as I ran my errands.

One of those errands was to the vacuum repairman. My old vacuum, a Compact canister my mom bought from a door-to-door salesman when I was a baby, has been a workhorse for nearly half a century, but last week it died. I feared the worst, and the repairman confirmed it. So you know what? I bought a new vacuum, a really good vacuum, that should last the next half-century! (It was half-price because of its calf-scours-yellow color.) As soon as I get off the computer it will make its debut, and I'm really looking forward to using it. Call me crazy, but I can't wait to see how well it works!

Lastly, exciting sheepy things are in the works. Sheep will be leaving, sheep will be coming, and the future of the Boulderneigh flock is looking bright! Arrangements are still fluid at this point, but I will share when I can.

That's it for now from . . .

3 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yeah, um, you are probably going to be disappointed at the short life span of the new vacuum. I have a 40 year old iron I'm keeping going for just that very reason. Sigh.

Michelle said...

Bite your tongue, woman!

A :-) said...

That is knitting up beautifully :-)