Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Moon over my rammy

Corny, I know. But it's my sheep blog and I'll pun if I want to! :-)

Speaking of rammies, today a buyer selected Blackberry and Birdie to join her spinner's flock. I'm tickled over the home they will have, with a stay-at-home mom of two sweet tots who milks cows, goats and sheep, spins and knits - she even brought us some homemade mozzarella and feta cheese - yum! Bramble may go live with her, too; I have to decide whether to try breeding her one more time to see if she takes, or let her go now to a pet home.

That leaves just Bart and Bronwen still available; my Bonny lass is staying here for now (unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse). Bart is looking extremely good as a breeding-quality ram at this point, but he has a quiet, sweet nature and would love to be someone's fiber pet with very little encouragement (and removal of certain appendages). Bart is Ag/Aa BB/Bb Pp, with excellent structure, consistent, crimpy fleece and typey little tail. Boulderneigh Bronwen is At/Aa Bb/Bb MM/Mm ?p; she is an excellent first-time mother, has outstanding conformation and presence, with a dense, more intermediate to double-coated fleece. They can be picked up here, delivered to Black Sheep Gathering (BSG) at the end of June, and could even catch a ride back to Minnesota with Garrett from BSG. With so little left to sell, I have finally decided not to enter any sheep at BSG; I'll just go down to pick up and deliver sheep, see friends, and maybe help others show.

That's it for now from . . .

9 comments:

janna e said...

That noise you heard was me snorting at your title today! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am also laughing about your title. Now I need to take a picture of the moon and one of Lyndsey's pigs and call it "Moon over my Hammy!"

Susan said...

RIOT! That was a wonderful pun and started my day off on the right foot! Such beautiful sheep, Michelle. I'm getting ready to sort my lambs out, too. Tough choices, since I can't keep them all!

melanie said...

(groan...) Terribly clever, sis. You get the prize today!

Laura said...

I'd send Bramble - one less mouth to feed!!

Kelly said...

Very clever Michelle......and so glad you found good homes for your rams. That's always such a relief.

Mom L said...

You always make me wish I weren't an apartment dweller! You enjoy your sheep so much I'm envious. Emma the Calico Queen tries to imitate a fiber sheep by leaving all her hair around for me to find, but I doubt I could make anything from it!

Nancy in Iowa

Kate Holden said...

Lambies are looking good and growing well. Good job finding homes for them already :o)

Jenny Holden said...

Ooops, I somehow signed in as my sister and left the above comment!