Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's true! I do believe it's blue!

Yesterday when I picked up CLEAN eggs, thanks to my guys cleaning out the henhouse and adding a layer of gravel to the chicken yard, I could tell for the first time that there is a distinct difference between Muffy's and Buffy's eggs:I was so excited! One is green, and one is definitely more blue! WooHoo!

Here is today's haul:I picked up the two on the left from under Muffy, the darker of the two new Easter Eggers. After she left the nestbox, I found the two on the right. So Buffy, the nearly white EE, is the exalted layer of blue eggs.

And now, a short video for your viewing pleasure. Being the only lamb so far at Boulderneigh isn't keeping Barrister from the races:


That's all the excitement for today from . . .

8 comments:

Country Girl said...

This video is adorable. Wow - that little critter is fast! And those eggs are so beautiful.

Kelly said...

Just what I needed to lighten my day. Still no lambs here, not sure what the hold up might be, but somebody is going to get a stern talking to soon! lol

Laura said...

He's too cute! I like the different colored egggs. I'm thinking about getting a few different breeds of chickens, so that my eggs are different too!

Mim said...

Beautiful, gorgeous lamb!! Eggs too.

Sheila said...

What a cute little guy. Don't you wish you could run around that fast? Have a great week!

Leigh said...

Go Barrister! And congrats on that egg! Gorgeous color.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful egg-haul for the day! The subtlety of their shading is really just so gorgeous. The video of your lamb is wonderful - looks like he's made out of springs.

Tammy said...

What a cutie, I think that may be what I'll miss the most on this lambless year--the lamb races. So clueless and innocent at that age.
Tammy