Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Wednesday's wonderful web

Monday night Rick got his belated birthday present when we attended a Straight No Chaser concert at the historic Elsinore Theater in Salem. We saw part of a SNC Christmas concert on PBS last year and absolutely loved it, so when I saw that they were going to be in Salem, I snapped up two of the few remaining balcony tickets.

But first, we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. We had a window seat, and I could see a BIG spider web on a light in the small park outside. I found the Night Scenery setting on my camera and tried it out, through the glass and rain, above. Yeah; so-so. Then I used its super powers of zoom and got even closer.
I think that's amazing!

Once seated in the Elsinore, I had to play with the Night Scenery setting and zoom some more. The stage:

A painted detail far, far away:

Straight No Chaser in one of their quieter moments (most of my shots were quite blurry, as they are a fun, active bunch of guys):
Can you tell I'm still very happy with my camera choice? ;-)

That's it for today from . . .

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like fun. Great web shot!

Tiggeriffic said...

Great picture of the close-up of the spider.. Don't you just love zoom ? I know I do.. It's amazing what pictures you take with a good camera and a zoom.
Have a great Wednesday~! ta ta for now from Iowa.

Michelle said...

Thanks! This camera has more zoom than any of my previous digitals, which I'm finding quite wonderful. I also love the "Sunset" setting, because it captures reds and oranges far more accurately than I've been able to before. Still need to better learn the macro feature, since that's one of my favorite modes....

Deb W said...

I saw that PBS special too, and loved it! I'll bet it was a great concert, and a nice date night for you and Rick.

Nancy K. said...

That camera is AWESOME! What kind is it?

Michelle said...

It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6 that I got on sale at Costco.

A :-) said...

I love Straight No Chaser! They are great :-)